THE KOREAN NUTRITION SOCIETY
Eunsun Cho (Director of the KNS Secretariat)
The Korean Nutrition Society
#804 The Korean Science and Technology Center
(635-4 Yeoksam-dong) 22, 7Gil,
Teheran-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06130, Korea
Youn-Ok Cho, Ph.D.
President, The Korean Nutrition Society
Number of members:800
2015 Committee Member
President:Youn-Ok Cho (Duksung Women’s Univ.)
Hyun-Sook Kim (Sookmyung Women’s Univ)
Moon Jeong Chang (Kookmin Univ.)
Jae Won Kim (HUROM CO.,LTD.)
Secretary General:Ji-Yun Hwang (Sangmyung Univ.)
Secretary Scientific Affairs:
Mi-Kyung Sung, (Sookmyung Women’s Univ)
Jeongseon Kim (Graduate School of Cancer Science and Policy, National Cancer Center)
Treasurer:Gyung Ah Wie (Department of Clinical Nutrition, National Cancer Center)
Editor-in-Chief (Korean Edition):Young-Ran Heo (Chonnam Nat,l Univ.)
Editor-in-Chief (English Edition):Jayong Chung (Kyung Hee Univ.)
Secretary Information:Okhee Lee (Yongin Univ.)
Secretary Public Relations:
Min A Lee (Kookmin Univ.)
Kyung Jin Kim (CJ Cheiljedang Foods R&D)
Secretary International Co-operation:
Kyung-Jin Yeum (Konkuk Univ.)
In-Sook Kwun (Andong Nat,l Univ.)
Secretary Special Affairs:
Myoungsook Lee (Sungshin Women’s Univ.)
Young Jun Kim (Korea Univ.)
Jung-In Kim (Inje Univ.)
Secretary Nutrition Policy:
Oran Kwon (Ewha Woman’s Univ.)
WooKyoung Kim (Dankook University)
Secretary Nutrition Information: Sunmin Park (Hoseo Univ.)
The Korean Nutrition Society, which is founded in 1967 to meet its end of developing nutrition and improves public’s health and nutrition, has now expanded its scale with current members of 800 and representatives of 200.
The society publishes 1000 volumes of Journal of Nutrition and Health 6 times a year and 6 times of Nutrition Research and Practice, an English journal.
Professors and scholars in nutrition, natural sciences, medicine, pharmacology, agriculture, biology, biochemistry etc., and undergraduate, graduate students of the field, libraries of domestic universities and industries are registered as the members.
The Society is the only Korean pan-nutrition society to be a member of the International Union of Nutrition Sciences, IUNS. The members are highly active in interdisciplinary fields and are making a great contribution to the growth of Korean Nutrition.
The Korean Nutrition Society holds its annual spring and fall conventions regularly, and also assembles symposiums to examine the current issues with authoritative figures of its fields. In addition, the society put together seminars, lectures and workshops to serve its members with the latest data, new research and their results.
The Korean Nutrition Society has contributed a great amount of deal in the fields of Food and Nutrition by establishing the KNIC (Korean Nutrition Information Center). KNIC make it possible to provide Information related to the fields of Food and Nutrition not only for members but also the public in a more faster and convenient way preparing them for the upcoming information era of the 21st century.
Annual Conference & Symposium
- May 24, 2013:‘Personalized education method for capacity building of women’s foodservice managers’
- November 8, 2013: ‘Inflammation & Nutrition’
- May 23, 2014: ‘Strengthening research capacity and research leadership in the field of nutrition scientists’
- November 5-7, 2014: ‘Brain & Nutrition’
Other Academic events
- June 28, 2013: ‘Understanding carbohydrates, controversies, regulation, and future direction’
- September 6, 2013: Food and genetics to promote a healthy and long life
- July 4, 2014 / October 17, 2014: ‘Symposium of Revising KDRIs’
- KNS Best Article Award2013
- “Effect of resveratrol on the metastasis of 4T1 mouse breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo”, Hyun Sook Lee1, Ae Wha Ha2 and Woo Kyoung Kim2§, 1Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Dongseo University, 2Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Dankook University, Nutr Res Pract 2012;6(4):294-300. (= 2013 KOFST Best Article Award)
- “Effects of the purified extracts from Lycii Cortex Radicis and ginger on lipid statusand serum cytokine levels in rats fed high fat diet”, Eun-Jung Park, Sang-Won Choi and Sung-Hee Cho§, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Catholic University of Daegu, Korea J Nutr 2012;45(5):411-419.
- “Development of flavonoid database for commonly consumed foods by Koreans”, Yoon Kyoung Yang,1 Ji Yeon Kim,2 and Oran Kwon1§, 1Department of Nutritional Science and Food Management, Ewha Woman’s University, 2Department of Food Science and Technology, Seoul National University, Korean J Nutr 2012;45(3):283-292.
- “Association of diet-related quality of life with dietary regimen practice, health-related quality of life, and gastrointestinal symptoms in end-stage renal disease patients with hemodialysis”, JinJu Lee,1 Ji-Myung Kim,2 and Yuri Kim1,3§, 1The Graduate School of Clinical Health Sciences, Ewha Woman’s University, 2Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Hanbuk University, 3Department of Nutritional Science and Food Management, Ewha Woman’s University, Korean J Nutr 2013;46(2):137-146. (= 2014 KOFST Best Article Award)
- “Effects of parental folate deficiency on the folate content, global DNA methylation, and expressions of FRα, IGF-2 and IGF-1R in the postnatal rat liver”, Karen Kay Mejos, Hye Won Kim, Eun Mi Lim and Namsoo Chang§, Department of Nutritional Science and Food Management, Ewha Woman’s University, Nutr Res Pract 2013;7(4):281-286.
- “The study of metabolic risk factors and dietary intake in adolescent children by the status of mothers’ metabolic syndrome: Using the data from 2007-2010 Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey”, SoYeon Kwon,1 Mijung Park,2 and YoonJu Song1§, 1Major of Food and Nutrition, School of Human Ecology, The Catholic University of Korea, 2Department of Pediatrics, Sanggye Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, J Nutr Health 2013;46(6):531-539.
- KNS-ASN Award2013 Daniel H. Hwang, PhD (Univ. of California-Davis, USA)
2014 Yeonhwa Park, PhD (Univ. of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)
- NRP Most Cited Award2014
- “Quercetin ameliorates hyperglycemia and dyslipidemia and improves antioxidant status in type 2 diabetic db/db mice”, Soo-Mi Jeong, Min-Jung Kang, Ha-Neul Choi, Ji-Hye Kim and Jung-In Kim§, Department of Smart Foods and Drugs, School of Food and Life Science, Inje University, Nutr Res Pract 2012;6(3):201-207.
- “Anti-obesity effect of resveratrol-amplified grape skin extracts on 3T3-L1 adipocytes differentiation”, Xian-Hua Zhang1, Bo Huang2, Soo-Kyong Choi1 and Jung-Sook Seo1§, 1Department of Food and Nutrition, Yeungnam University, 2Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Nutr Res Pract 2012;6(4):286-293.
Journal of Nutrition and Health (Indexed by Scopus)
J Nutr Health is the official Korean journal of the Korean Nutrition Society, and published bi-monthly.
Nutrition Research and Practice (Indexed by SCIE)
Nutrition Research and Practice (Nutr Res Pract) is the official English journal, and published bi-monthly.
Dietary Reference Intakes for Koreans (First Revision, 2010)
KDRIs is Dietary Reference Intakes for Koreans. It is new system of Dietary recommendations consisting of EAR (Estimated Average Requirements), RI (Recommended Intake), AI (Average Intake), and UL (Tolerable Upper Intake Level). 2015 KDRIs’ revision is in progress.